The Starter Kit is ideal for students and teachers who are working from home and out in the field and require a convenient tool for experiments. The USB-powered kit boasts a user-friendly design that makes it ideal for home-based and classroom projects. It can be installed without tools and can be used immediately upon setup thus saving users a lot of time.
A high-grade aluminum casing supports the sturdy construction of the spectrometer and the weather-resistant coverage also protects it from the elements. It is ideal for basic lab, field, and processing projects, but it is best used for educational purposes and for experiments conducted at home.
Starter Spectroscopy Kit includes:
- A set of 2 plastic/glass cuvettes – 3 items.
- A new Cuvette adapter.
- Mini Light Source with power cord adapter 100/220V to 14V (default the US plug).
- Mini Spectrometer with a wavelength range from 400nm to 720nm and slit – 90µm.
- M-size zip case.
Each item of the pack can be used separately for a range of experimental needs. All items are packed in a convenient modern zip case that can be stored and carried around safely.
A powerful tool for laser characterization, the Mini Spectrometer, utilizes a fixed grating spectrograph along with a linear detector array so it can measure the entire spectrum at the same time and at high speeds.
The Mini Spectrometer boasts a compact and smart design that breaks up light into its spectral components, turns the wavelength into digital form, and can be used to display it via a laptop or computer.
Plus, it can be used to cover a broad spectral range from ultraviolet to infrared. Take real-time measurements onsite rather than bringing measurement samples into a room in which a large spectrometer is installed. It’s that convenient!
- Wavelength range from 400nm at 720nm with a resolution of 2nm.
- USB 2.0.
- 90 µm slit and 1000 l/mm grating.
- Made with black anodized aluminum.
- US / EU plug.
- Wavelength range – 400 to 720nm.
- Optical resolution – 2nm
- Light detection – 300 pixels.
- Resolution (nm) – <3
- Dimensions (mm) – 130 x 80 x 40.
- Weight (gr) – 200.
- Chip Dim(pixels) – 300
- Chip Dim (“) – 1/3.
- Diffraction Grating (lines/mm) – 1000 or 500.
- Software – Theremino – Open Source System
A super lightweight, user-friendly, tungsten light source, the Mini Light Source is designed to illuminate spectroscopic applications between visible light and NIR. The specially designed light source works by combining the continuous spectrum into a single optical path for a stable spectral output. The Mini Light Source is equipped with a SMA905 optical connector.
Never look into the Mini Light Source directly because it can cause severe eye injury.
Do NOT open the unit under any circumstance. It does NOT contain any user-serviceable parts inside, and there are dangerous voltages present.
- The heat emission is more than 1.4W.
- The emitted glow boasts a broad continuous spectrum between 380nm and 2000nm.
- Input Power – 1.4 W.
- Current – 100mA.
- Input voltage – 14V DC.
- Comes with an SMA connector.
- Offers a wide range of wavelengths.
- Weight – 135 g.
- Dimensions – 6 x 8.1 x 3.4 cm.
- Lamp – Tungsten.
- Optical Connector – SMA 905
This small device was designed especially to fit between the Mini USB Spectrometer and the Mini Light Source. The cuvette adaptor holds a standard-size cuvette for accurate spectroscopic measurements. It receives light from the Mini LS and transmits it to the entrance of the Mini Spectrometer. This smart item allows you to easily perform liquid absorption and transmission experiments at home, at school, or in front of the public.
The base of the cuvette connector matches the shape of the bottom of the Mini Light Source and Mini USB Spectrometer which guarantees the steady connection of all three devices together.
- Analyze and compare light sources from diverse sources.
- Identify the spectra of Cd, Na, Ne, Ar, Xe, and Hg spectral lamps.
- Calculate solution densities.
- Absorption and transmission of substances such as colored liquids and oils.
Software – Theremino – Open Source System
- USB 2.0 cable.
- Mini Spectrometer.
- Cuvette adapter.
- Cuvette with a sample.
- Mini Light Source.